August 2016RUNE OF THE MONTH: Perth, “intimacy”. Intimacy implies transparency, integrity, as well as the willingness to have no secret. It also requires trust and courage: the trust to truly share our innermost self with another and the courage to be true and completely honest.
* * * * * * * *Lunar eclipse (Full Moon) at 25º52’ Aquarius on Thursday August 18 at 2:26 AM. The image associated with this degree is: “A garage man testing a car’s battery with a hydrometer”. Eclipse days are extremely important turning points beyond which life will never be the same, affecting the following 19 years of our lives. We should be very careful to only say on those days what we mean, as impulsive behavior could result in irremediable separations. Major changes in society are affecting us personally. Humanitarian endeavors are favored, as well as projects supporting our freedom and the expression of our uniqueness. Understanding that we are all one and need to be solidary of each other is important. Consciousness of environmental issues is also brought to the forefront by this eclipse that reminds us that our choices affect all the dimensions of reality. This eclipse will be followed by a Solar Eclipse (New Moon) on Thursday September 1 at 2:03 AM at 9º21’ Virgo. Uranus remains retrograde this whole month between 24º30’ and 24º06’ Aries until December 29. Its shadow period continues until April 15, 2017. This degree is symbolized by: “The possibility for man to gain experience at two levels of being”. A month of freeing ourselves from the known and recovering our long forgotten multidimensionality. Neptune remains retrograde this whole month until November 18. Its shadow period continues until March 11, 2017. The degrees it travels in June (11º28’-10º42’ Pisces) are symbolized by the following images: “In the sanctuary of an occult brotherhood, newly initiated members are being examined and their character tested”, Men traveling a narrow path seeking illumination”. The only way out of the rollercoaster the matrix is subjecting us to, is enlightenment, recovering our light, knowing that we are divine beings whose purpose is now to have a divine experience, becoming human dolphins. As we remember and claim our spiritual truth, we may feel very out of alignment with the crowds. All are called, but few choose the path that is the most demanding, requires discipline, focus and persistence, away from the seductions of society. Yet ultimately, this is the only choice to become all that we are in our divinity. Pluto remains retrograde this whole month until Monday September 26. Its shadow period remains until November 19, 2017. The degree traveled in August (15º37’-15º05’ Capricorn) is represented by “School grounds filled with boys and girls in gymnasium suits”. Mastery requires persistent work and discipline. Our muscles, physical and spiritual, need constant training for results to be long lasting. Saturn turns direct on August 13 at 9º46’ Sagittarius. Its shadow period lasts until November 19. This degree is symbolized by “A theatrical representation of a golden-haired goddess of opportunity”. Discipline, hard work, persistence and focus open many possibilities to those who agree to that path. Our choices create new realities bringing new opportunities. Mercury turns retrograde on Tuesday 8/30 at 29º02’ Virgo until September 22 at 14º50’ Virgo. The degree traveled this month is represented by “Totally intent upon completing an immediate task, a man is deaf to any allurement”. During the next three weeks, we are asked to focus on details and truly commit to our spiritual path, with seriousness and maturity. We cannot allow ourselves to be sidetracked or seduced by what is not. It is essential that we follow our intuition and act with integrity.
* * * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- From Wednesday 8/3 at 9:13 PM till Thursday 8/4 at 0:34 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- From Friday 8/5 at 8:20 PM till Saturday 8/6 at 9:57 AM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- On Monday 8/8 between 10:41 AM and 9:51 PM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- From Wednesday 8/10 at 10:22 PM till Thursday 8/11 at 10:24 AM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- On Saturday 8/13 between 10:37 AM and 9:11 PM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- From Monday 8/15 at 7:45 PM till Tuesday 8/16 at 4:52 AM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Thursday 8/18 between 2:26 AM and 9:34 AM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Saturday 8/20 between 5:21 AM and 12:18 PM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- On Monday 8/22 between 4:48 AM and 2:19 PM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- On Wednesday 8/24 between 12:38 PM and 4:40 PM: When the Moon enters Gemini.
- On Friday 8/26 between 5:30 PM and 8:06 PM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- From Sunday 8/28 at 11:23 PM till Monday 8/29 at 1:11 AM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- From Tuesday 8/30 at 9:20 PM till Wednesday 8/31 at 8:22 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
* * * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Leo between Monday 8/1 at 6:12 PM till Thursday 8/4 at 0:33 AM + between Monday 8/29 at 1:10 AM and Wednesday 8/31 at 8:21 AM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general… Moon in Virgo between Thursday 8/4 at 0:34 AM till Saturday 8/6 at 9:56 AM + between Wednesday 8/31 at 8:22 AM and Friday 9/2 at 5:54 PM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Saturday 8/6 at 9:57 AM and Monday 8/8 at 9:50 PM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…). Moon in Scorpio between Monday 8/8 at 9:51 PM and Thursday 8/11 at 10:23 AM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Thursday 8/11 at 10:24 AM and Saturday 8/13 at 9:10 PM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….) Moon in Capricorn between Saturday 8/13 at 9:11 PM and Tuesday 8/16 at 4:51 AM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals… Moon in Aquarius between Tuesday 8/16 at 4:52 AM and Thursday 8/18 at 9:33 AM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Thursday 8/18 at 9:34 AM and Saturday 8/20 at 12:17 PM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Saturday 8/20 at 12:18 PM and Monday 8/22 at 2:18 PM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Monday 8/22 at 2:19 PM and Wednesday 8/24 at 4:39 PM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Wednesday 8/24 at 4:40 PM and Friday 8/26 at 8:05 PM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people…. Moon in Cancer between Friday 8/26 at 8:06 PM and Monday 8/29 at 1:10 AM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness….
* * * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation started on Tuesday 7/19 with the Full Moon in Capricorn. On the New Moon in Leo on Tuesday 8/2, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 1:44 PM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams… Our next intentional meditation cycle will be particularly powerful and will begin with the Lunar Eclipse (Full Moon) in Aquarius on Thursday 8/18 at exactly 2:26 AM. Take out as many blank sheets as you will have intentions to be charged by the rays of the Full Moon on a balcony, in a garden, or by a window. Once that moment has passed, put them away in a folder until the next Solar Eclipse (New Moon) in Virgo on Thursday 9/1 at 2:03 AM.
* * * * * *Monday 8/1: Sun trine Saturn (10:49 AM) An excellent day for working efficiently in a structured, organized way. We are responsible, mature, and focused. Wonderful for planning ahead and furthering our ambitions. Tuesday 8/2: New Moon in Leo (1:44 PM), Mars enters Sagittarius (10:49 AM) till September 27 Regarding the New Moon kindly refer to the Moon in signs paragraph. During the next 6 weeks, Sagittarius natives are favored. An excellent period for outdoor sports or successfully starting an athletic program. Perfect also for any matter pertaining to the law, foreign travel, religion or higher education. We could become dynamically involved in a practice coming from another culture (yoga for example). Friday 8/5: Venus enters Virgo (8:27 AM till 8/29) During the next three weeks, we express our feelings in a practical way through selfless service and detailed actions. Healing is enhanced. Flower remedies, gemstone elixirs or massage could feel attractive. Saturday 8/6: Mercury Square Saturn (6:18 AM), Venus Square Mars (5:20 PM) We could feel somewhat depressed today, tired and discouraged. Duties and responsibilities bog us down. A love relationship requires ultimate honesty to grow. Being frustrated and gloomy can undermine an otherwise wonderful connection. A day of hard, disciplined and somewhat unexciting work. Sunday 8/7: Mercury Opposition Neptune (9:25 AM) A day when we could feel more tired and dreamy than usual. Great for artists who could be particularly inspired, but not so great for anything requiring attention to details. Not a good day to sign any legally binding document as we could miss some of the fine print. Wednesday 8/10: Mercury trine Pluto (4:23 PM) Metaphysical and scientific research feel attractive. We are drawn to life’s mysteries as well as deep people, movies and books. Saturday 8/13: Saturn turns direct (2:51 AM), Venus Square Saturn (7:31 AM) Regarding Saturn, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Today, more specifically, we need to face our relationships with great clarity and honesty and ask ourselves if the challenges we face can be worked out or if we can live with them. If we are not careful, impulsive behavior could destroy an otherwise good relationship. Sunday 8/14: Venus Opposition Neptune (10:04 AM) A relationship started today could become quite disappointing as it is likely to be based on illusions and deceptions. A day when we are in love with love rather than with a real person. Great for artistic creation or spiritual work inasmuch as we stay clear from spiritual imagination. Tuesday 8/16: Sun Trine Uranus (1:23 PM) A day to expect the unexpected. Plans change, unforeseen events change the course of our destiny, exciting new people enter our life. A day to be flexible and go with the flow with openness and freedom. Wednesday 8/17: Venus Trine Pluto (7:15 PM) A day of emotional depth and intensity. We seek passion in our relationships. A new romance feels destined. Blocks to intimacy are revealed, helping us release old behavioral patterns that no longer serve us. An excellent day to increase our wealth. Thursday 8/18: Lunar Eclipse (Full Moon) in Aquarius at 2:25 AM Regarding today’s Lunar Eclipse, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Monday 8/22: Mercury conjunct Jupiter (2:50 AM), the Sun enters Virgo (9:39 AM till September 22) We feel particularly positive and happy today. Our visions embrace vast horizons. Our communications with others are highly beneficial. An excellent day for long distance traveling and contacts with a foreign culture. Wednesday 8/24: Mars conjunct Saturn (4:27 AM) An excellent day for focused action. We are able to place all our energy in a project requiring physical stamina, leadership and enthusiasm. Thursday 8/25: Mars Square Neptune (11:57 PM) A day of strange restlessness. Important today to keep our feet on the ground and not fall prey to get rich quick schemes, frauds, deceptions or psychic illusions. We could be particularly sensitive to alcohol and drugs today. Best to stay away from any stimulant. Saturday 8/27: Venus Conjunct Jupiter (3:29 PM) A wonderful day to attend an elegant event, go to a concert or get together with friends. Disagreements are handled with grace and ease. Sunday 8/28: Mercury Conjunct Venus (11:32 PM) A day of good communications with others. We express ourselves diplomatically, with ease and joy. Our social contacts are pleasant and positive. Monday 8/29: Venus enters Libra (7:07 PM till September 23) During the next 3 weeks, our need for balanced partnerships, harmony in relationships, peace, fairness and esthetics is enhanced. An excellent time to beautify our home, and improve our physical appearance. Excellent for decorating, crafts and artistic creativity. Tuesday 8/30: Mercury turns retrograde (6:04 AM) till September 21 Regarding Mercury retrograde, please refer to the opening paragraph. Wishing you a magical month of August! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com firstname.lastname@example.org 110 S. Fairfax Ave, A 11-60 Los Angeles, CA 90036-2178