August 2017RUNE OF THE MONTH: Laguz “the lake”. The lake reflects all its surroundings and yet remains impenetrable. Its secrets are found by diving into its depths. Becoming sacred witnesses to our environment, in serenity, without judgment, helps us be aware of what is really going on around us. By the same token, we become powerful mirrors for others to see themselves. But it is when we go within, that we really transform our lives. Only when we acknowledge and bring to the surface the more challenging aspects of ourselves, do we become truly transparent.
* * * * * * * * * * * *2 major eclipses this month which require that we balance technology with the heart, the evolutionary requirements of the collective with our personal needs. Eclipses are always major cosmic markers beyond which life will never be the same. What happens on the day of an eclipse anchors that event with a stamp of irreversibility. Times of endings and totally new beginnings. The area of our lives it touches (astrological house in our birth chart) indicates where those major changes occur, transforming our lives forever. On Monday August 7 at 11:11 AM, Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius (15º25’). We could feel oversensitive. Situations surrounding our domestic circumstances could become vague, confused and complex. Strange anxiety feelings could arise making us wish to escape a reality felt as too difficult. Yet, if we remain serene and look for the truth through the veil of misinformations and lies, a chance is given to us to access our divine self and become guiding lights for others. Unusual revelations could come to us in brilliant flashes of insight, inspiring us to great creative works. On Monday August 21 at 11:30 AM, Solar Eclipse in Leo (28º53’). This is a beyond major eclipse, particularly for the inhabitants of the United States, as it is the first to sweep our country from the West coast to the East coast, since… June 13, 1257! The first also since the 1776 independence. It will pass exactly overhead and be seen in its totality in Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina. Issues stemming from misrepresentations from the press, major scandals, deceits, corruption and illusions woven around the masses, could come to light. A sudden awakening helps us gain greater clarity and enables us to truly measure how far we have come. Buried matters of the past come to the forefront with great force, requiring that we purge ourselves once and for all of emotional manipulation and coercion. As raw emotions erupt, particularly in the US, we could expect some world situation to reach a breaking point. It is essential that we gather on that day and engage in ceremonies and meditations for the highest good on our planet to win. There is no right or wrong way to do this, let us just set our benevolent intentions that the light may shine in each one of us, and particularly in those in positions of authority. This particular eclipse has the power to change our lives in immeasurable ways. Let us ride its wave with emotions of pure love, that the dream of the Goddess for humanity may come to the most beautiful of fruitions. This particular cosmic event is particularly enhanced by the fact that it falls during a Mercury retrograde period. Mercury turns retrograde on Saturday August 12 at 6:01 PM till September 5 at 4:30 AM between 11º38’ Virgo and 28º26’ Leo. The shadow period (the time it takes for Mercury to return to its original position during which we still feel more mildly the effects of the retrogradation) lasts until September 19. A time to revisit our values, our efficiency at work, be practical regarding our financial resources and find more creative ways of using our gifts and talents. We could be drawn to developing new skills and becoming quite organized in the manifestation of our dreams. A project requiring attention to detail and great mental concentration could be revisited and completed. A wonderful time to also pay increased attention to our nutritional habits, become committed to an exercise program and overall live a healthier lifestyle. Our social life may come under scrutiny during this period, requiring major readjustments. This particularly retrogradation asks us to be realistic with regard to a love relationship and examine our friendships in general. The wellbeing of animals could also become of greater concern to us. A time to free ourselves from limitations and manifest our visions in concrete reality. Jupiter Square Pluto on 8/4 (but felt throughout August). This is ending a 6 months period begun in March 2017. A chance of personal growth through the break-up of old patterns. This transit is enhancing our ambitions to accomplish great things. While we could run into considerable resistance from others who feel threatened by our efforts, we need to remain in the utmost integrity, staying serene and confident. It is important that we re-examine all our ideas of right and wrong both philosophically and spiritually, stand for what we believe to be good and avoid both legal conflicts and shady characters. Ultimatums may become necessary to eliminate negative elements. Repairs are favored by this planetary aspect. Cheerful tolerance, some level of compromise and displaying an optimistic attitude at work, are more than ever to be preferred to manipulation and dogma. Saturn remains retrograde this whole month in Sagittarius until August 25. Its shadow period remains until December 1. The degree it travels this month (21º38’-21º11’ Sagittarius) is symbolized in the Sabian Symbols by the following image: “A Chinese laundry”. We are requested to clear our closets, simplify our lives, and get rid emotionally of all that no longer serves our evolution. It is imperative that we learn from our past and break repetitive, destructive patterns. In many ways, this month helps us push the reset button and reinvent our lives from a place of wisdom, maturity and deep consciousness. Hard work and discipline may be called for in this next stage, but the new life that will open as a result of it, will be greater than the one we are leaving behind. A time of new beginnings and profound reinvention. Uranus turns retrograde on August 3rd until January 2nd, 2018. Its shadow period will last until April 19, 2018. The degree traveled this month (28º31’-28º12’ Aries) is associated in the Sabian Symbols with the following image: “The music of the spheres”. The need to free ourselves from the past, as well as rebel against confinement and any kind of restriction, are felt more sharply than usual. Increased electricity in the air could lead to more stress and anxiety. It is important that we choose our battles wisely and do not fall prey to impatience or destructive urges. Best to keep our interactions with technology to a minimum: instead of watching TV, go for a walk, instead of texting, meet our friends and have a real time talk over lunch or dinner, instead of staring at our computer, exercise…. Listening to music, connecting to nature, breathing will all help us connect to the spark of divinity and the light residing in us all. Neptune remains retrograde this whole month. Its shadow period lasts until March 13, 2018. The degrees traveled this month (13º44’-12º59’ Pisces) are represented by: “A lady wrapped in fox fur” and “A sword, used in many battles, in a museum”. Major changes in our consciousness are occurring. The sooner we realize that all life is connected, that killing another –be it a human or an animal- hurts us even more than the one we took the life of, the faster our road to oneness and true spirituality will clear. This retrogradation helps us rise above both perceived and real limitations, focus on a much larger picture and dream our lives into being through the remembrance of our divinity. Pluto remains retrograde this whole month and will remains so until September 28. Its shadow period continues until January 19, 2018. The degree traveled this month (17º36’-17º03’ Capricorn) is represented by “The union jack flies from a new British warship”. A time to let go of what no longer serves us, face controlling situations and transform destructive patterns, that we may own our mastery and stand in our true power.
* * * * * * * * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- On Thursday 8/3 between 2:38 PM and 5:37 PM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- On Sunday 8/6 between 2:22 AM and 5:16 AM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Tuesday 8/8 between 12:07 PM and 2:56 PM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Thursday 8/10 between 6:38 AM and 10:22 PM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- On Sunday 8/13 between 1:01 AM and 3:40 AM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- From Monday 8/14 at 6:15 PM till 7:06 AM: when the Moon enters Gemini.
- On Thursday 8/17 between 6:38 AM and 9:13 AM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- On Saturday 8/19 between 8:17 AM and 10:55 AM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- On Monday 8/21 between 11:30 AM and 1:25 PM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- On Wednesday 8/23 between 1:02 PM and 6:05 PM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- From Friday 8/25 at 10:39 PM till Saturday 8/26 at 1:53 AM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- On Monday 8/28 between 2:38 AM and 12:48 PM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- From Wednesday 8/30 at 9:42 PM till Thursday 8/31 at 1:18 AM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
* * * * * * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Scorpio until Tuesday 8/1 at 5:00 AM + between Saturday 8/26 at 1:53 AM and Monday 8/28 at 12:47 PM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Tuesday 8/1 at 5:01 AM and Thursday 8/3 at 5:36 PM + between Monday 8/28 at 12:48 PM and Thursday 8/31 at 1:17 AM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….). Moon in Capricorn between Thursday 8/3 at 5:37 PM and Sunday 8/6 at 5:15 AM + between Thursday 8/31 at 1:18 AM till Saturday 9/2 at 1:05 PM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals… Moon in Aquarius between Sunday 8/6 at 5:16 AM and Tuesday 8/8 at 2:55 PM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Tuesday 8/8 at 2:56 PM and Thursday 8/10 at 10:21 PM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Thursday 8/10 at 10:22 PM and Sunday 8/13 at 3:39 AM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Sunday 8/13 at 3:40 AM till Tuesday 8/15 at 7:05 AM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Tuesday 8/15 at 7:06 AM till Thursday 8/17 at 9:12 AM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people…. Moon in Cancer between Thursday 8/17 at 9:13 AM and Saturday 8/19 at 10:54 AM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness…. Moon in Leo between Saturday 8/19 at 10:55 AM till Monday 8/21 at 1:24 PM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general… Moon in Virgo between Monday 8/21 at 1:25 PM till Wednesday 8/23 at 6:04 PM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Wednesday 8/23 at 6:05 PM and Saturday 8/26 at 1:52 AM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…).
* * * * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation is particularly powerful because of the eclipses. Dream well! It starts on Monday 8/7 with the Full Moon (Lunar Eclipse) in Aquarius. Make sure that at 11:11 AM, you have taken out as many blank sheets as you will have intentions to be charged by the rays of the Full Moon on a balcony, in a garden, or by a window. Once that moment has passed, put them away in a folder. On Monday 8/21 on the New Moon (Solar Eclipse) in Leo, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 11:30 AM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams…
* * * * * * * * * * * *Wednesday 8/2: Uranus turns retrograde (10:31 PM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Friday 8/4: Jupiter Square Pluto (11:29 AM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Monday 8/7: Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius (11:11 AM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Thursday 8/10: Mercury Sextile Venus (2:03 AM), Sun Sextile Jupiter (2:24 PM) A very beneficial day for social activities, positive conversations with others, and protection while traveling. We could get exposed to interesting people whom we take an instant like to, learn about another culture and expand our minds. An item may be overpriced. Best to favor moderation in every area of our life. Friday 8/11: Venus Trine Neptune (10:18 PM) A relationship could seem unusually enchanted and magical. The deep soul connection we may experience with that person could prove real but we also need to beware of not falling prey to beautiful illusions. Best to way for this transit to pass before making a lasting commitment, as the gold could wear off, revealing a situation/person less desirable than initially believed to be. An ideal day for artists who feel particularly inspired. Saturday 8/12: Mercury turns retrograde (6:01 PM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Sunday 8/13: Sun Trine Saturn (2:06 PM) A wonderful day to clear our desk of backlogged work, stand in our authority, ask for a well deserved raise and tackle effectively with more responsibilities than usual. Today, we are serious, mature, structured, focused, organized, hard working and disciplined. Tuesday 8/15: Venus Opposition Pluto (4:13 AM) We could feel coerced into extreme emotional reactions by external manipulations. Important to remain as flexible, serene and in integrity as possible. Doing half of the journey towards others with grace and elegance, without forcing anything, can save us many heartaches. We should be careful in our financial dealings as significant losses are more likely than gains. Wednesday 8/16: Venus Square Jupiter (11:40 PM) Courtesy, hospitality, serenity are definitely called for today. Our judgement is questionable. We could place our trust in circumstances or people whom we should be weary of. Best to stay modest and discreet and try to find as many things to be grateful about as possible. Sunday 8/20: Mars Sextile Jupiter (9:42 AM), Sun Trine Uranus (11:23 PM) A day to expect the unexpected, free ourselves from restrictive circumstances and inspire respect from others by standing our ground with generosity and integrity. Our optimism helps open beneficial doors. Challenges are exciting and met philosophically. Monday 8/21: Solar Eclipse in Leo (11:30 AM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Tuesday 8/22: Mars Trine Saturn (6:20 AM), Sun enters Virgo (3:21 PM) till September 22 Our actions are focused and disciplined. We see our projects to the finish line with maturity and hard work. During the coming 4 weeks, we may become more attentive to details, more concerned with health and nutrition and more selfless in our actions. Service to others is favored, as is any attempt to improve our health and physical well-being. Thursday 8/24: Venus Square Uranus (12:00 PM) A day to absolutely refrain from impulsive relationship decisions. We could easily jump into an affair, estranging us from the people dearest to us. Even though it may prove exciting in the moment, it will most likely be very short lived. We could also be at the receiver’s end of such behavior. Old ties could unexpectedly and suddenly be cut off in ways that make is difficult, if not impossible, in the future to reconnect with. Sudden financial losses could occur, creating extremely difficult situations to recover from. Definitely not a day for any kind of investment, and even less for gambling. Friday 8/25: Saturn turns direct (5:09 AM), Venus enters Leo (9:30 PM) till September 20th Our relation to authority figures and our personal power return to a new level of normality, infused with greater wisdom and maturity. The next month favors romance, artistic creation and a childlike enjoyment of life. Saturday 8/26: Sun Conjunct Mercury (1:43 PM) A great day for active and positive communications with others. Wonderful for social activities, for making those phone calls, writing those e-mails, redefining our plans for the future and making short trips. Our minds are open to new experiences. Sunday 8/27: Jupiter Sextile Saturn (5:16 AM) Gradual efforts are both rewarded and rewarding. Opportunities arising today may need a little more time to mature. Responsibilities are handled with calm, efficiency and enthusiasm. A great day to clear an old debt. Thursday 8/31: Mercury enters Leo (8:29 AM) till September 9th During the next 2 weeks, we are required to speak from our heart and listen with compassion and understanding. Our creativity is greatly enhanced, as is our attraction to standing in the limelight and engaging in pleasurable activities. Wonderful for work with children and to take up a hobby that helps us shine our uniqueness. Wishing you an inspired month of August! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com email@example.com 110 S. Fairfax Ave, A 11-60 Los Angeles, CA 90036-2178