February 2018RUNE OF THE MONTH: Gebo “commitment”. A month requiring of us to be emotionally engaged in whatever it is that we choose to do. Far from the “whatever” attitude, we have a duty to be passionate about our life and an obligation to get off the fence and decide one way or another what it is that we believe in and wish to create as our reality.
* * * * * * * *Solar eclipse in Aquarius (27º03’) on Thursday 2/15 at 1:05 PM. This degree is symbolized by “A tree is felled and sawed to ensure a supply of wood for the winter”. If left alone, trees live long, rich lives. A tree can be the witness to hundreds of years of history. This eclipse encourages us to remember all that we carry within us, our ancestors -who could be ourselves in other incarnations-, our lineage, our resources, and to let none of this knowledge go to waste. The efficient use of all that we contain within is what will see us through challenging times. It is by going to the depths of our being and resting in our inner wisdom that we are able to transmute the darkness without. Friday 2/16, we enter the year of the Earth Dog until February 4, 2019. Compassion, solidarity and tolerance come to the forefront. International dialogue is encouraged. Millions of previously neglected people are given a voice. Technologies using solar energy in particular, are re-actualized. New authors and philosophers awakening mass consciousness rise to fame, while Classics are reprinted. Major security concerns are risen. A good year for single people to find a partner. Money is made by those who are ethical in their dealings. A project started last year comes to fruition. It brings abundance inasmuch as we share the resources created, equitably. Corruption is denounced further. Honesty is rewarded.
* * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- On Thursday 2/1 between 2:58 AM and 11:13 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- From Friday 2/2 at 11:07 PM till Saturday 2/3 at 1:47 PM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- On Monday 2/5 between 10:46 AM and 7:56 PM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- From Wednesday 2/7 at 11:16 PM till Thursday 2/8 at 5:53 AM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- On Saturday 2/10 between 8:38 AM and 6:21 PM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- From Monday 2/12 at 9:43 PM till Tuesday 2/13 at 7:11 AM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Thursday 2/15 between 1:05 PM and 6:42 PM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- From Saturday 2/17 at 2:13 PM till Sunday 2/18 at 4:05 AM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- On Tuesday 2/20 between 3:11 AM and 11:12 AM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- On Thursday 2/22 between 3:46 AM and 4:07 PM: when the Moon enters Gemini.
- On Saturday 2/24 between 11:58 AM and 7:06 PM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- On Monday 2/26 between 1:51 PM and 8:42 PM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- On Wednesday 2/28 between 3:13 PM and 9:57 PM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
* * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Virgo between Thursday 2/1 at 11;13 AM and Saturday 2/3 at 1:46 PM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Saturday 2/3 at 1:47 PM and Monday 2/5 at 7:55 PM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…). Moon in Scorpio between Monday 2/5 at 7:56 PM and Thursday 2/8 at 5:52 AM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Thursday 2/8 at 5:53 AM and Saturday 2/10 at 6:20 PM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….). Moon in Capricorn between Saturday 2/10 at 6:21 PM and Tuesday 2/13 at 7:10 AM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals… Moon in Aquarius between Tuesday 2/13 at 7:11 AM and Thursday 2/15 at 6:41 PM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Thursday 2/15 at 6:42 PM and Sunday 2/18 at 4:04 AM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Sunday 2/18 at 4:05 AM and Tuesday 2/20 at 11:11 AM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Tuesday 2/20 at 11:12 AM and Thursday 2/22 at 4:06 PM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Thursday 2/22 at 4:07 PM and Saturday 2/24 at 7:05 PM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people…. Moon in Cancer between Saturday 2/24 at 7:06 PM and Monday 2/26 at 8:41 PM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness…. Moon in Leo between Monday 2/26 at 8:42 PM and Wednesday 2/28 at 9:56 PM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
* * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation started on Wednesday 1/31 with the Full Moon (Lunar Eclipse) in Leo. On Thursday 2/15 on the New Moon which happens to be a Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, hence particularly powerful, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 7:54 AM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams…
* * * * *Saturday 2/3: Mercury Sextile Mars (7:58 AM), Venus Square Jupiter (10:07 PM) A day of positive, direct communication. We exert self-confidence, enthusiasm and trust in life. Teaching, traveling, learning and business in general are favored. Our consciousness expands to adventurous new horizons. We should however beware of overindulgence, overextending ourselves and poor judgement, as misplaced optimism could make us feel more invincible than we actually are. Gratitude, humility and serenity help us glide through eventual challenges with elegance. An unexpected gift could grace our day. Tuesday 2/6: Venus Sextile Uranus (5:36 PM) A great day to meet new, exciting, unusual people. Unless we remain very independent and present to the present without any expectation, a romance started today could be fun, but short lived. Money is made unexpectedly but also easily spent. Saturday 2/10: Venus enters Pisces (3:20 PM till March 6th), Sun Square Jupiter (3:21 PM) During the next month, our compassion and sensitivity are heightened. Excellent for humanitarian endeavors coming from the heart. Creative work is favored. Artists are more inspired than usual. The veil between dimensions thins. We could find ways to make money recycling discarded items. Today, more specifically, if on a diet or a budget, we should pay particular attention to staying on track. Tuesday 2/13: Mercury Square Jupiter (2:39 PM), Sun Sextile Uranus (6:22 PM) A day to beware of promises too good to be true. Blind trust or going to extreme aren’t recommended. New people met today are interesting, exciting and unusual. Our plans could be disrupted. Important to stay flexible. Thursday 2/15: Mercury Sextile Uranus (7:07 AM), Solar Eclipse (1:05 PM), Venus Sextile Saturn (3:19 PM) Regarding the Solar Eclipse, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. A day to expect the unexpected. Exciting new social encounters with inventive and dynamic people bring mental stimulation. Unusual opportunities appear. Our emotional life becomes calmer and steadier. We are clearer on what works and what doesn’t in our relationships, more patient and also more committed. Friday 2/16: Chinese new year of the Earth Dog Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Saturday 2/17: Mars Square Neptune (3:22 AM), Sun Conjunct Mercury (4:28 AM), Mercury enters Pisces (8:28 PM till March 6) Our sensitivity to other people’s projected response could prove somewhat paralyzing. A day to keep away from drugs and alcohol as their effects could be magnified. A strange anxiety could confuse our sense of reality. During the next three weeks, we are mentally drawn to spirituality, mysticism, art, music and channeling. We could feel more meditative and withdrawn from mundane affairs. Beauty, peace and harmony feel attractive. We could retrieve to dreamland and be less concerned with the physical aspects of things. Sunday 2/18: Sun enters Pisces (9:18 AM till 2/18) This coming month is excellent for artists, healers and channelers who could feel particularly inspired. We are drawn to all expressions of beauty and more sensitive than usual. Our compassion is heightened, so is our sense of grace and elegance. Wednesday 2/21: Venus Conjunct Neptune (10:42 AM), Mercury Sextile Saturn (12:23 PM) An inspiring day for artists. Beauty is attractive. Our connections to others come from the soul. Our compassion, love, sensitivity and tolerance are heightened. An excellent day also for clearing our desk of backlogged work and planning for the future. We are interested in serious topics and attracted to wiser, more mature people. Sunday 2/25: Venus Square Mars (4:01 AM), Mercury Conjunct Neptune (4:25 AM), Sun Sextile Saturn (9:46 AM) Calm, honest and direct communication effectively transmutes the relationship challenges we are likely to experience today. Our energy is a little low. Meditation, dreaming, watching an inspiring movie, reading a book that stimulates our imagination, are all very positive uses of today’s planetary energies. We tend to be more solitary, disciplined and serious than usual. Tuesday 2/27: Venus Sextile Pluto (2:17 AM) A day to favor compromise, graciousness and compliancy. Manipulation or control are likely to backfire. A love relationship could reach an intensity that exposes our wounds and forces us out of our comfort zone. An opportunity to make solid money and rekindle our passion for life is empowering. Wednesday 2/28: Mercury Square Mars (3:56 PM), Mercury Sextile Pluto (8:40 PM) A day to express our thoughts with courage and clarity. We are able to X-ray situations and people in an insightful way. Cooperation and communication bring us closer to our goals. A day to lay low and keep controversial opinions to ourselves. Wishing you a powerful month of February! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com email@example.com 3961 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 111-161 Phoenix, AZ 85048