January 2018RUNE OF THE MONTH: Jera “harvest”. A month to reap what we sowed. A time of celebration for the good thoughts, feelings, projects we have manifested, and for reevaluating our lives and changing our course of action, if the results obtained are not to our liking.
* * * * * * * *Uranus turns direct on January 2nd at 24º34’ Aries. Its shadow period will last until April 19, 2018. This degree is associated in the Sabian Symbols with the following image: “The possibility for man to gain experience at two levels of being.” In the process of individuation and becoming uniquely ourselves, free from conditioning and ideas about ourselves, we are also learning our own mastery and that we are so much more than we were ever made to believe we are. Our multidimensionality allows us to come to the realization that we co-exist in many different worlds and that we also live in circular time where past, present and future happen simultaneously. As we become completely immersed in our lives moment to moment, we create our reality, by changing our past and transmuting our future. Lunar Eclipse in Leo (11º37’) on Wednesday 1/31 at 5:27 AM. This degree is symbolized by “An evening party of adults on a lawn illuminated by fancy lanterns”. An eclipse always marks a major turning point in our lives beyond which life will never be the same. The house of our chart where it falls highlights that part of our personal lives, bringing changes to it. In a general way, this eclipse is encouraging us to find a healthy balance between our head and our heart. It is challenging our beliefs and forcing us to dig deeper within ourselves to discover the core truth of who we are. It is also making us re-evaluate our perception of our material possessions and tap into our spiritual resources. Many illusions we held true could fall by the wayside as we gain a completely new understanding of what is real and what is not.
* * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- On Tuesday 1/2 between 2:46 PM and 11:22 PM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- From Thursday 1/4 at 3:10 PM till Friday 1/5 at 0:12 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- From Saturday 1/6 at 6:51 PM till Sunday 1/7 at 4:14 AM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- On Tuesday 1/9 between 8:12 Am and 12:05 PM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- On Thursday 1/11 between 6:53 AM and 11:04 PM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- On Sunday 1/14 between 0:48 AM and 11:42 AM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- From Tuesday 1/16 at 10:30 PM till Wednesday 1/17 at 0:32 AM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Friday 1/19 between 3:52 AM and 12:26 PM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Sunday 1/21 between 5:13 PM and 10:27 PM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- From Tuesday 1/23 at 8:16 PM till Wednesday 1/24 at 5:39 AM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- From Thursday 1/25 at 7:16 PM till Friday 1/26 at 9:40 AM: when the Moon enters Gemini.
- On Sunday 1/28 between 2:39 AM and 10:57 AM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- On Tuesday 1/30 between 8:40 AM and 10:53 AM: when the Moon enters Leo.
* * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Cancer between Monday 1/1 at 0:10 AM and Tuesday 1/2 at 11:21 PM + between Sunday 1/28 at 10:57 Am and Tuesday 1/30 at 10:52 AM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness…. Moon in Leo between Tuesday 1/2 at 11:22 PM and Friday 1/5 at 0:11 AM + between Tuesday 1/30 at 10:52 AM and Thursday 2/1 at 11:12 AM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general… Moon in Virgo between Friday 1/5 at 0:12 AM and Sunday 1/7 at 4:13 AM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Sunday 1/7 at 4:14 AM and Tuesday 1/9 at 12:04 PM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…). Moon in Scorpio between Tuesday 1/9 at 12:05 PM and Thursday 1/11 at 11:03 PM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Thursday 1/11 at 11:04 PM and Sunday 1/14 at 11:41 AM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….). Moon in Capricorn between Sunday 1/14 at 11:42 AM and Wednesday 1/17 at 0:31 AM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals… Moon in Aquarius between Wednesday 1/17 at 0:32 AM and Friday 1/19 at 12:25 PM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Friday 1/19 at 12:26 PM and Sunday 1/21 at 10:26 PM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Sunday 1/21 at 10:27 PM and Wednesday 1/24 at 5:38 AM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Wednesday 1/24 at 5:39 AM and Friday 1/26 at 9:39 AM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Friday 1/26 at 9:40 AM and Sunday 1/28 at 10:56 AM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people….
* * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation starts on Monday 1/1 with the Full Moon in Cancer. Make sure that at 6:42 PM, you have taken out as many blank sheets as you will have intentions to be charged by the rays of the Full Moon on a balcony, in a garden, or by a window. Once that moment has passed, put them away in a folder. On Tuesday 1/16 on the New Moon in Capricorn, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 6:17 PM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams…
* * * * *Tuesday 1/2: Sun Sextile Neptune (1:39 AM), Uranus turns direct (6:12 AM) Today, we could feel more dreamy than usual. Signing legal documents requiring attention to details is not recommended. But work requiring imagination, creativity and inspiration is particularly positive. Regarding Uranus turning direct again, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Wednesday 1/3: Venus Sextile Neptune (9:40 AM) A day to retreat in seclusion and meditation to find or regain our serenity. A love relationship that feels enchanted and magical could however be ridden with deceit. Important to not fall in love with an idea of love. An inspiring day for artists. Saturday 1/6: Mercury Trine Uranus (3:38 PM), Mars conjunct Jupiter (4:39 PM) A day of mental creativity and exciting social encounters. New ideas, new plans, new people could come our way bringing interesting changes. We seek excitement and freedom, new challenges and stimulating adventures. Great for starting a successful new exercise program. Monday 1/8: Sun Sextile Jupiter (4:07 AM), Venus Sextile Jupiter (8:13 AM), Mars Sextile Pluto (11:52 AM), Sun Conjunct Venus (11:00 PM) A beautiful day inasmuch as we stay rooted in our integrity and are generous with what we have and know. Our social encounters are inspiring, harmonious and balanced. We feel confident and enthusiastic, and have the drive and the passion to concretize our projects and ideas in a way both constructive and beneficial to all. A good day to travel, teach and study. Substantial income comes as a result of past positive efforts. Tuesday 1/9: Venus Conjunct Pluto (1:00 AM), Sun Conjunct Pluto (1:29 AM), Venus Sextile Mars (1:07 PM), Sun Sextile Mars (9:37 PM) A powerful day. Great for getting things out of the way. We are driven with passion and have the energy to complete everything that needs to be done. A day of personal transformation. Undoing bad habits is done effortlessly. Our love life could be rekindled in an exciting, yet deep way. A day when we could encounter our destiny. Wednesday 1/10: Mercury enters Capricorn (9:09 PM till Wednesday 1/30th) During the next 3 weeks, our thinking and way of communicating is serious, grounded and efficient. We are practical and structured. A great period to get our taxes done, organize our year schedule and be clear on the steps to accomplish to fulfill our ambitions. Friday 1/12: Mercury Conjunct Saturn (11:03 PM) A good day for backlogged work. We are serious, disciplined, committed and willing to work hard to attain our goals. We seek the advice of older, wiser people and are drawn to mature conversations. Saturday 1/13: Venus Square Uranus (11:07 AM) Our social life could become both exciting and unstable. A need for excessive emotional independence or rebellion could lead to an impulsive relationship break that we may later regret. Estrangement from others is common with this transit. Best to lay low and if single, to not jump into a highly volatile affair. Sunday 1/14: Sun Square Uranus (12:44 PM) A stimulating day inasmuch as we deal with sudden, unexpected situations with ingenuity and a creative spirit. Otherwise, tensions could arise, plans could be disrupted and general chaos could mark this volatile day. Sudden breaks in relationships or communication could also create further chaos. Monday 1/15: Jupiter Sextile Pluto (7:46 PM) A day when tolerance, generosity and charisma open the door to many positive opportunities in both our personal and professional lives. We are likely to expand our business, are given the chance to travel, study and teach. The solid sense of confidence we exert attracts the trust of others. Wednesday 1/17: Venus enters Aquarius (5:44 PM till February 11) During the next 3 weeks, friendship is highlighted. We are drawn to humanitarian endeavors and unusual people walking to the sound of their own drummer. Our sense of style could become more unique and in some cases, futuristic. We are likely to find modern art appealing. Group activities are exciting and help us expand our social circle. Friday 1/19: Mercury Sextile Neptune (5:08 PM), Sun enters Aquarius (7:10 PM till February 19) During the next month we are encouraged to become uniquely ourselves. Humanitarian work comes to the forefront. We are concerned with the wellbeing of others and take an interest in social movements and reforms of society. Today, more specifically, artists could feel particularly inspired. Our imagination is grounded. In the face of anxiety or dramatic displays of emotions, gentle consideration for the feelings of others and quiet communication create wonders. Wednesday 1/24: Mercury Conjunct Pluto (12:47 PM) A day of great insights into people and situations. We are able to go to the root of matters without getting sidetracked by non-essentials. Our words command respect and we should particularly careful to not voice our concerns but remain focused on the best possible outcome. Others will naturally listen to what we say feeling that it is coming from the depths of our being and that we are magicians of reality. Thursday 1/25: Mercury Sextile Jupiter (3:28 AM) Our optimistic mindset and our positive attitude attract many new, beneficial opportunities into our lives. Financial transactions, travel, teaching and learning are all favored by this transit. Friday 1/26: Mars enters Sagittarius (4:57 AM till May 17) During the next four and half months, Sagittarius natives are favored. An excellent time for all to start a successful exercise program, enjoy outdoor activities and exert a more adventurous spirit. The exploration of other countries, other ways of being and other philosophies of life are favored. Travel is vivifying and expands our horizons. Saturday 1/27: Mercury Square Uranus (11:08 PM) A day of erratic new circumstances. Unexpected events throw our schedule off. Breaks in communications happen suddenly. Moods are volatile and people unstable. A day to lay low and avoid impulsive actions or words that we may regret later. Important to stay particularly cautious while driving. Wednesday 1/31: Lunar Eclipse in Leo (5:27 AM), Mercury enters Aquarius (5:39 AM till February 17) Regarding the lunar eclipse, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. During the next 3 weeks, our thinking is original, innovative and highly individualistic. Science fiction, UFOs, technologies from the very ancient past and the future are appealing. So are humanitarian endeavors. Wishing you a magical month of January! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com firstname.lastname@example.org 3961 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 111-161 Phoenix, AZ 85048