March 2018RUNE OF THE MONTH: Wyrd “the homeland”. We are requested this month to examine our karmic lineage, as well as understand how we are continuing and/or breaking our family tree. The questions we need to ask ourselves revolve around what we have done with our gifts so far, how we have lived our life, what we have created that may continue beyond us and what our real roots are, both in this lifetime and throughout our various incarnations.
* * * * * * * * * * * *Mercury turns retrograde on 3/22 until 4/15 between 16º54’ and 4º47’ Aries. Its shadow period will remain until May 4th. The degrees traveled this month (16º54’-13º20’ Aries) are represented in the Sabian Symbols by: “Two dignified spinsters sitting in silence”, “Nature spirits are seen at work in the light of the sunset”, “An Indian weaving a ceremonial blanket” and “A serpent coiling near a man and a woman”. Mercury retrograde is usually blamed for communications gone wrong, lost keys, missed flights, and general mayhem. Even though those challenges are very real, I personally look forward to Mercury retrograde periods as they resuscitate people we hadn’t heard from in a while, present to us again situations and projects we had forgotten about and enable us to go within and revisit ideas that had been collecting dust. This particular Mercury retrograde period faces us with the consequences of our life choices and also revitalizes the more hidden, sacred aspects of our destiny, giving us the chance to change that which doesn’t feel right or good. Jupiter turns retrograde on 3/8 at 23º13’ Scorpio until July 11 with a shadow period continuing until October 7th. The degrees traveled this month (23º13’ – 22º29’ Scorpio) are symbolized by: “After having heard an inspired individual deliver his ‘sermon on the Mount’, crowds are returning home” and “A rabbit metamorphoses into a nature spirit”. New information transforms our lives and helps us transmute into a whole new level of inner and outer truth. Our darkest fears could become illuminated, forcing us to face parts of ourselves we tried to ignore. But once looked at, we shall feel regenerated and empowered. A time to seek higher education or training, to reexamine our philosophical and spiritual values and to see if our actions align with our beliefs.
* * * * * * * * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- From Friday 3/2 at 3:50 PM till Saturday 3/3 at 0:20 AM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- From Sunday 3/4 at 10:19 PM till Monday 3/5 at 5:23 AM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- On Wednesday 3/7 between 0:55 AM and 2:03 PM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- From Friday 3/9 at 6:27 PM till Saturday 3/10 at 1:52 AM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- On Monday 3/12 between 8:36 AM and 3:44 PM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Thursday 3/15 between 0:32 AM and 3:12 AM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Saturday 3/17 between 6:12 AM and 11:57 AM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- On Monday 3/19 between 12:29 PM and 6:07 PM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- On Wednesday 3/21 between 10:21 AM and 10:30 PM: when the Moon enters Gemini.
- From Friday 3/23 at 8:52 PM and Saturday 3/24 at 1:53 AM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- From Sunday 3/25 at 11:58 PM till Monday 3/26 at 4:45 AM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- On Wednesday 3/28 between 2:54 AM and 7:30 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- From Thursday 3/29 at 9:59 PM till Friday 3/30 at 10:52 AM: when the Moon enters Libra
* * * * * * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Virgo until Saturday 3/3 at 0:19 AM + between Wednesday 3/28 at 7:29 AM and Friday 3/30 at 10:51 AM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Saturday 3/3 at 0:20 AM till Monday 3/5 at 5:22 AM + between Friday 3/30 at 10:52 AM and Sunday 4/1 at 3:56 PM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…). Moon in Scorpio between Monday 3/5 at 5:23 AM and Wednesday 3/7 at 2:02 PM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Wednesday 3/7 at 2:03 PM and Saturday 3/10 at 1:51 AM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….). Moon in Capricorn between Saturday 3/10 at 1:52 AM and Monday 3/12 at 3:43 PM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals… Moon in Aquarius between Monday 3/12 at 3:44 PM and Thursday 3/15 at 3:11 AM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Thursday 3/15 at 3:12 AM and Saturday 3/17 at 11:56 AM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Saturday 3/17 at 11:57 AM and Monday 3/19 at 6:06 PM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Monday 3/19 at 6:07 PM and Wednesday 3/21 at 10:29 PM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Wednesday 3/21 at 10:30 PM and Saturday 3/24 at 1:52 AM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people…. Moon in Cancer between Saturday 3/24 at 1:53 AM and Monday 3/26 at 4:44 AM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness…. Moon in Leo between Monday 3/26 at 4:45 AM and Wednesday 3/28 at 7:29 AM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
* * * * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation starts on Thursday 3/1. Take out as many blank sheets of paper as you will have intentions and place them near a window, on a balcony or in a garden so that they will bask in the light of the Full Moon in Virgo by exactly 4:51 PM. Once that moment has passed, gather your Full Moon charged blank sheets and place them in a folder. On Saturday 3/17 on the New Moon in Pisces, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 6:12 AM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams…
* * * * * * * * * * * *Thursday 3/1: Venus Trine Jupiter (3:22 AM) Today, honesty is of the utmost importance in both our relationships and financial dealings. We are attracted to foreigners or people who are well-traveled. Social gatherings revolve around higher education, philosophy, the law and/or religion. We could be more generous than usual with those in need. Friday 3/2: Mercury Trine Jupiter (5:05 AM) Our positive energy, self-confidence, optimistic attitude and faith in life open many wonderful doors today. We are adventurously focused on the future and the silver lining of every cloud. Integrity marks our dealings with others. We walk our talk with generosity of spirit and enthusiasm. Our social encounters are positive and enriching. Wonderful for higher education and the successful outcome of any educational, religious, philosophical, legal or cultural project. Great also for long distance travel. Sunday 3/4: Sun Conjunct Neptune (5:55 AM), Mercury Conjunct Venus (10:06 AM) We could feel somewhat dreamy today. Not a good day to sign legally binding documents as we could miss some of the fine print. Excellent however for artistic creation, inspiration in general and coming up with unusual solutions to existing challenges. Our social life is pleasant and our communications with others, peaceful and harmonious. Monday 3/5: Mercury enters Aries (11:35 PM till May 13) During the next three weeks, our communications are direct, positive and clear. In the spur of the moment, some argumentativeness or aggression could be expected, but generally, what we say is what we mean. Impulsive reactions should be watched for, as we may tend to speak before thinking things through or knowing all the facts and figures. During this time, best to not act (nor drive) under the influence of anger or frustration. Tuesday 3/6: Venus enters Aries (3:46 PM till 3/30) We could easily fall in and out of love during the next three weeks. Impulsive infatuations could be exciting, albeit short-lived. Our esthetic tastes are more modern. We could adopt a younger, more colorful personal style. We gravitate towards positive, fun, dynamic people. Drama Queens may not fare so well under this transit. We should be cautious not to fall prey to impulsive spending which could leave us rapidly depleted without much to show for. Thursday 3/8: Jupiter turns retrograde (8:46 PM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Saturday 3/10: Mercury Square Saturn (11:00 PM) A day when our backlogged work could feel overwhelming. Responsibilities feel heavier than usual. Deadlines are closer than we’d like them to be. Communications are frustrating. Asking for help or support may not yield the hoped for results. Best to remain as self-sufficient as possible and complete the work at hand quietly, with diligence and concentration. Sunday 3/11: Mars Trine Uranus (4:21 AM), Sun Sextile Pluto (4:52 AM) A day of unexpected, rapid, exciting changes. Our charisma and leadership abilities shine, enabling us to accomplish powerful transformations in our own lives as well as around us, without forcing any issue. Adventurous physical activities are appealing. Unusual activities are stimulating. Tuesday 3/13: Venus Square Saturn (5:39 AM), Sun Trine Jupiter (1:06 PM) Relationships could be more work than fun today. Some emotional and personality adjustments might be necessary. We may feel responsible for the happiness or wellbeing of another. Social encounters could prove challenging at worst, disappointing at best. Towards the end of the day, we are likely to regain our confidence and optimism and look towards the future with a hopeful heart. Saturday 3/17: Mars enters Capricorn (9:41 AM till May 15) During the next two months, Capricorn Sun and Capricorn rising individuals have the upper hand. Actions are deliberate, aimed at climbing the social ladder and fulfilling both personal and professional ambitions. Our energy is focused and grounded. Delays and challenges don’t deter us from our goals. We don’t mind putting long hours into meaningful projects, with both discipline and concentration. Great for an endeavor requiring long term self-sufficiency and persistence. Monday 3/19: Mercury Conjunct Venus (9:02 PM) A wonderful day for positive, elegant social interactions. Conversations are light and pleasant. An atmosphere of conviviality makes people comfortable to be themselves. Good manners are naturally respected and tolerance creates a feeling of peace. Tuesday 3/20: the Sun enters Aries (9:16 AM till April 19) A month of new beginnings, taking initiatives, moving forward with courage and power. Constructive projects create excitement. We could feel more impatient, daring and impulsive than usual. Our energy is direct and positive with little tolerance for uncertainty and drama. Thursday 3/22: Mercury turns retrograde (5:19 PM) Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Friday 3/23: Venus Square Pluto (4:13 PM) We could feel manipulated, controlled or the victim of a blatant lack of cooperation. Best to lie low, adapt to the standards of others inasmuch as they don’t go against our integrity and compromise for the sake of peace. We could feel particularly unappreciated, which in turn could tempt us to be ungraceful. Important today, to deal with challenges with dignity and courage. Corruption could wreck a financial investment we make today. Important to listen to our inner voice. Saturday 3/24: Sun Square Mars (9:08 AM) Aggressive or argumentative people could be unnerving today. We could find that our efforts meet with much resistance. In the face of a frustrating lack of support, we could feel tempted to force the issues, yet confrontation could backfire badly. Best to keep our own council and lie low, while working around and not against, the limitations felt today. Wednesday 3/28: Venus Conjunct Uranus (5:46 PM) A love relationship begun today could be exciting, freeing and involve an age or culture difference. Unless we are independent enough to go with the flow without any excessive attachment, it could be short-lived. We are attracted to unusual people walking to the sound of their own drummer. Our esthetic tastes are futuristic and eccentric. Money could come in unexpected ways, suddenly allowing us the opportunity to do something we had been longing for for a long time. Thursday 3/29: Sun Square Saturn (7:16 AM) A day which could prove somewhat frustrating. We could feel more lonely than usual. Getting the support of others could be challenging. The duties, obligations and responsibilities befalling us could be heavier than expected. Best to take it easy, get diligently to work, and focus on taking just one step at a time. Friday 3/30: Venus enters Taurus (9:54 PM till April 24) Three weeks to focus on calm, beauty and harmony. A perfect time to redecorate our home, get a make-over, take singing lessons, learn or receive massages and take time to “smell the roses”. Wishing you a month of March filled with wonder! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com email@example.com 3961 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 111-161 Phoenix, AZ 85048