October 2017RUNE OF THE MONTH: Mannaz “the Self, community”. Knowing ourselves, our talents, our weaknesses, our potential is essential to establish solid connections. We each exist as a complete whole, but our relations to others are what define us. Community provides exchange, confrontation, growth and evolution. Let us be aware that our individual choices determine the fate of the whole of humanity.
* * * * * * * *Jupiter enters Scorpio on Tuesday 10/10 till November 9, 2018. This coming year could bring about great revelations with regard to organized religion, the role of the church, the true face of mass immigration and new metaphysical phenomena. We might witness major educational reforms, dramatic legal changes, as well as the rise of intolerance, spiritual dogmatism and political extremism. On the bright side, greater generosity of spirit and more compassion will also emerge. We shall gain a deeper understanding on how to create good situations in our lives, attract supportive people, as well as generate the abundance we need by using our thoughts and emotions in a more disciplined and positive way. Traveling to places having a profound spiritual significance to us personally as a result of past lives, becomes more actual. Uranus remains retrograde this whole month until January 2nd, 2018. Its shadow period will last until April 19, 2018. The degrees traveled this month (27º15’- 26º03’ Aries) are associated in the Sabian Symbols with the following images: “A large audience confronts the performer who disappointed its expectations” and “Through imagination a lost opportunity is regained”. A month to stop waiting for other people or outer circumstances to change our reality. By taking full responsibility for our thoughts, our emotions and their consequences, we become truly independent individuals, masters of our own destiny. Time being circular and not linear, we can change our future, but also our past by living our present with more wisdom and consciousness. Neptune remains retrograde this whole month. Its shadow period lasts until March 13, 2018. The degrees traveled this month (12º10’- 11º37’ Pisces) are represented by: “An ancient sword, used in many battles, is displayed in a museum” and “In the sanctuary of an occult brotherhood, newly initiated members are being examined and their character tested”. Enlightenment comes from a deep knowingness that we are all one and that hiding less desirable aspects of ourselves is futile. The pace of evolution is accelerating at a furious speed, making it more and more difficult to put on a mask. Destroying another means destroying ourselves. In order to raise our consciousness, we need to walk our talk with absolute integrity, in love and transparency. Our spiritual family is calling to us and we are likely to reconnect with long lost brothers and sisters for a task greater than ourselves.
* * * * * *The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O –forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- On Monday 10/2 between 4:13 AM and 7:26 AM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Wednesday 10/4 between 0:19 AM and 1:40 PM: when the Moon enters Aries.
- On Friday 10/6 between 3:38 PM and 4:56 PM: when the Moon enters Taurus.
- On Sunday 10/8 between 6:45 AM and 6:44 PM: when the Moon enters Gemini.
- On Tuesday 10/10 between 3:24 PM and 8:38 PM: when the Moon enters Cancer.
- On Thursday 10/12 between 8:59 PM and 11:41 PM: when the Moon enters Leo.
- From Saturday 10/14 at 10:27 PM till Sunday 10/15 at 4:19 AM: when the Moon enters Virgo.
- On Tuesday 10/17 between 4:27 AM and 10:35 AM: when the Moon enters Libra.
- On Thursday 10/19 between 12:12 PM and 6:41 PM: when the Moon enters Scorpio.
- On Sunday 10/22 between 4:35 AM and 4:57 AM: when the Moon enters Sagittarius.
- On Tuesday 10/24 between 9:44 AM and 5:12 PM: when the Moon enters Capricorn.
- From Thursday 10/26 at 10:22 PM till Friday 10/27 at 5:59 AM: when the Moon enters Aquarius.
- On Sunday 10/29 between 9:22 AM and 4:46 PM: when the Moon enters Pisces.
- On Tuesday 10/31 between 2:08 PM and 11:43 PM: when the Moon enters Aries.
* * * * * * * *Scheduling our activities using the zodiacal position of the Moon: Moon in Aquarius until Monday 10/2 at 7:25 AM + between Friday 10/27 at 5:59 AM and Sunday 10/29 at 4:45 PM: Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…. Moon in Pisces between Monday 10/2 at 7:26 AM and Wednesday 10/4 at 1:39 PM + between Sunday 10/29 at 4:46 PM and Tuesday 10/31 at 11:42 PM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, dancing, painting, swimming, dreaming, music, photography, film, sleeping, channeling, connecting with the mystical, the magic and the oneness of all that is… Moon in Aries between Wednesday 10/4 at 1:40 PM and Friday 10/6 at 4:55 PM + between Tuesday 10/31 at 11:43 PM and Friday 11/3 at 2:45 AM: Perfect for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower, initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…. Moon in Taurus between Friday 10/6 at 4:56 PM and Sunday 10/8 at 6:43 PM: Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as bodywork… Moon in Gemini between Sunday 10/8 at 6:44 PM and Tuesday 10/10 at 8:37 PM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on various topics, connecting with new people…. Moon in Cancer between Tuesday 10/10 at 8:38 PM and Thursday 10/12 at 11:40 PM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, humor and anything requiring imagination and a touch of craziness…. Moon in Leo between Thursday 10/12 at 11:41 PM and Sunday 10/15 at 4:18 AM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general… Moon in Virgo between Sunday 10/15 at 4:19 AM and Tuesday 10/17 at 10:34 AM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, learning, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…. Moon in Libra between Tuesday 10/17 at 10:35 AM and Thursday 10/19 at 6:40 PM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying new clothes, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating…), a pleasant social event (concert, art exhibition…). Moon in Scorpio between Thursday 10/19 at 6:41 PM and Sunday 10/22 at 4:56 AM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, shamanism, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, and sexuality, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power. Moon in Sagittarius between Sunday 10/22 at 4:57 AM and Tuesday 10/24 at 5:11 PM: Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses….). Moon in Capricorn between Tuesday 10/24 at 5:12 PM and Friday 10/27 at 5:58 AM: Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals…
* * * * * * * * * *This month’s intentional meditation starts on Thursday 10/5 with the Full Moon in Aries (Harvest Moon). Make sure that at 11:40 AM, you have taken out as many blank sheets as you will have intentions to be charged by the rays of the Full Moon on a balcony, in a garden, or by a window. Once that moment has passed, put them away in a folder. On Thursday 10/19 on the New Moon in Libra, take out your blank full moon charged papers and write on each a concise, positive intention. Place them on a balcony, in a garden or near a window so that they are out by exactly 12:12 PM. Once that moment has passed, staple them together and put them away in a folder expecting the manifestation of all your dreams…
* * * * *Sunday 10/1: Mars Trine Pluto (4:32 PM) A day to move forward with courage, conviction and passion. Anything extraneous or unnecessary is easily eliminated. Our honesty and positive energy sweep others off their feet, encouraging renovations, reforms and constructive changes. Tuesday 10/3: Venus Trine Pluto (12:06 PM) A romance begun today could be unusually romantic and passionate. Our feelings run deep exposing hidden aspects of a relationship. Emotional patterns come to the surface, giving us a chance to clear any block to intimacy. Loving cooperation makes social situations smooth and pleasant. Thursday 10/5: Venus Conjunct Mars (9:53 AM) A day to find a good balance between the masculine and the feminine within and without. Our social life could be somewhat volatile. If we can curb our impulsivity and keep things light and moderate, encounters should be harmonious and pleasant. Sunday 10/8: Venus Square Saturn (5:54 AM), Sun Conjunct Mercury (1:54 PM) We could feel particularly unsupported today. Loneliness could weigh more heavily than ever. Challenges in finances and relationships could seem more acute than they normally are. Jealousy, criticism, indifference, grief or cold heartedness could threaten our safety. A day best spent avoiding social encounters and focusing on practical details. Monday 10/9: Mercury Square Pluto (5:24 AM), Sun Square Pluto (5:07 PM) The truth of people around us could be revealed in surprising ways. Power games, manipulations, ultimatums should be avoided at all costs today. Best to cooperate without giving up our integrity and try to find solutions creating good feelings all around. Tuesday 10/10: Jupiter enters Scorpio (6:20 AM till 11/9/2018) Regarding Jupiter in Scorpio, kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Wednesday 10/11: Mars Square Saturn (6:37 AM) We could find ourselves in stressful circumstances that feel unfair, limiting, and even cruel. Important to not fall prey to bitterness or hostility, but to remain as grounded and in control of our emotions as possible. We are being tested in our capacity to stay equal to ourselves. Hard work, long hours focused on constructive goals greater than ourselves are great ways to harness today’s energy. Thursday 10/12: Mercury Sextile Saturn (8:03 PM) A great day to clear our desk of backlogged obligations. We face our duties and responsibilities with focus, discipline and seriousness. Creativity is backed by hard work. We seek the wisdom and advice of mature people who support our ambitions and help us reach our goals. Saturday 10/14: Venus enters Libra (3:11 AM till Nov 7) During the next 3 weeks, beauty and peace are more important to us than ever. A wonderful time for artists. Social encounters are pleasant. We seek to balance opposing views and are more diplomatic than usual. Great to improve our physical appearance and beautify our surroundings. Excellent for creating more harmony in our relationships. Sunday 10/15: Mercury Opposition Uranus (0:51 AM) A day to expect the unexpected. Plans are likely to be disrupted. Interruptions occur. People we haven’t seen in a while reappear out of the blue. Estrangements happen without warning. Cherished ideas are challenged. New, unusual facts change our perspective on things. People could be quick tempered. Emotions flare up easily. Exercise extra caution while driving. Monday 10/16: Sun Sextile Saturn (4:13 AM) A day of self-discipline and self-sufficiency. Not afraid to take full responsibility for our actions, we honor our commitments with dignity and a feeling of self-worth. Great for starting a project of lasting value, requiring both long term focus and hard work. Tuesday 10/17: Mercury enters Scorpio (0:59 AM till Nov 5) During the next 3 weeks, our insights are deep and our thoughts profound. We are able to X-ray situations and people. Our ability to focus is enhanced. Metaphysical and scientific topics are greatly attractive. Drawn to solving secrets, we seek real answers to our questions and are not afraid to find the truth, no matter how hard it is to face. Wednesday 10/18: Mercury Conjunct Jupiter (1:55 AM) A great day for lecturing, signing legal contracts and long distance traveling. Our optimistic outlook, generosity of spirit and tolerance are attractive to many. Perfect for starting to learn a new language and having confidence in our good judgment. Thursday 10/19: Sun Opposition Uranus (10:34 AM) A day to expect the unexpected. Fast thinking and ingenuity are required to cope with an unusual situation. People could be high strung and act in very volatile ways. Important to not burn our bridges with reckless actions and an excessive need for independence. Sunday 10/22: Mars enters Libra (11:30 AM till Dec 9, 2017), Sun enters Scorpio (10:27 PM till Nov. 21) During the next month and a half, Libra natives have the upper hand. Our actions are more balanced. Justice, fair play and consideration of others are appealing. Until November 21, metaphysical as well as scientific matters are particularly atttractive. We seek meaningful relationships and are particularly keen on bettering ourselves. It is easier than usual to let go of all that no longer serves us. Tuesday 10/24: Mercury Trine Neptune (8:56 AM) A peaceful day to dream our life into being! Our imagination can change our reality. Consideration towards others is rewarded. Mistakes are forgiven. Artists could feel particularly blessed in their creations. Spiritual work is divinely inspired. Thursday 10/26: Sun Conjunct Jupiter (11:10 AM) One of the best times of the year. A great day to ask for a raise. Our optimism and positive disposition open many horizons. Lucky opportunities knock on our door. Wonderful for positive social contacts and long distance traveling. Financial matters are beneficial inasmuch as we don’t give into excesses or blindly fall for get rich quick schemes. Friday 10/27: Venus Square Pluto (8:19 PM), Mercury Sextile Pluto (8:22 PM) We may find that we have to lie low today and adapt to others. Forcing issues, as well as compulsive behavior are sure to backfire. Essential to focus on harmonizing opposing views so that peace may be found. Compromising, understanding and remaining balanced in our views can see us through this otherwise challenging day. Wishing you a wonderful month of October! In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S. Astrologer, shaman, international conference speaker Author of Astrology for Enlightenment (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster) www.MichelleKaren.com firstname.lastname@example.org 3961 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 111-161 Phoenix, AZ 85048